or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AprilApril shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    MANDYMANDY shared a merged idea: PLEASE PLEASE DUMP/STOP/GET RID OF THE LOWERMYBILLS.COM ADS WITH THE OLD OLD PEOPLE AFTER WE HIT SEND. WE DON'T WANT TO SEE PPL OR MEDICA  ·   · 
    FawnFawn shared a merged idea: listening to your feedback  ·   · 
    William M. KayWilliam M. Kay shared a merged idea: Please block MacKeeper Advertisements  ·   · 
    M. S-KM. S-K shared a merged idea: to block all the gruesome ads and contact ads at the right side of the screen  ·   · 
    CJCJ shared a merged idea: PLEASE MAY I BEG YOU AOL TO DITCH THE LOWERMYBILLS.COM ADS  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I am not interested with the Advertisement on the right side of the mails  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: good public relations?  ·   · 
    cjcj shared a merged idea: Stop the LowerMyBills . com ads and the people and Pig ads!  ·   · 
    KarenKaren shared a merged idea: give people the option to opt out of that awful advertising screen - it is very annoying!!!  ·   · 
    LarsLars shared a merged idea: I've been with AOL for twenty years. Please don't force me to watch repeated ads for 30 seconds prior to each vid  ·   · 
    Bea MitroskyBea Mitrosky shared a merged idea: remove ad from above email so I can view the bottom of my mail.  ·   · 
    cjcj shared a merged idea: look at the domments  ·   · 
    CJCJ shared a merged idea: Please stop with the old people and the medical things when we send an email. AOL ads have NOTHING pretty or pleasant to look at...why is t  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Stop all the ads. They slow down email.  ·   · 
    RussRuss shared a merged idea: PLEASE REMOVE THESE ADDS FROM THE RIGHT MARGIN OF MY EMAIL PAGE. I AM MARRIED, AND I DO NOT WANT TO SEE ADDS WITH PARTLY DRESSED GIRLS  ·   · 
    CJCJ shared a merged idea: Stop the Ads on the Right that are Medical and UGLY people please  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Get more classy photo ads, those big bellies and acne faces make me want to puke  ·   · 
    RogerRoger shared a merged idea: GET RID OF THESE UNNECESSARY POP-UP WINDOWS!!!!!!!!!! I JUS WANT TO READ MY MAIL UNMOLESTED  ·   · 
    david david shared a merged idea: stop these bloody adverts on e mail  ·   · 
    jeff steinbergerjeff steinberger shared a merged idea: move the advertising to top again...this stinks..  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: GET THESE ADS OFF THE E-MAIL PAGE  ·   · 
    Amy EversAmy Evers shared a merged idea: Ad the ability to block offensive ads  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I'm don't like AOL. advertising. Looking for an alternative ISP.  ·   · 
    CJCJ shared a merged idea: After mail is sent on the web..omg stop those ads!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Watch the ADS, what r u thinking?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: "customized" "personalized" ads based on one's "cookies"....pfffffffff disable this or see yaaa AOL!!  ·   · 
    Rosalie Long  I already have a password and I do not want to change it.Rosalie Long I already have a password and I do not want to change it. shared a merged idea: Remove the damn pop up ads in my email. I do not like the confusion and these should not be there.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: put less ads on the mail pages  ·   · 
    jgjg shared a merged idea: get rid of the box on the right side so i can see my files....grrrrr...  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: show us a way to get rid of the "ad" on right of screen. it is in the way of reading the emals.  ·   · 
    cjcj shared a merged idea: Change the Ads to more pleasant things--cars, jewelry, clothes, not medical/food  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: stop that annoying advertising on my e-mail account !!!!!!!!!  ·   · 
    alexalex shared a merged idea: Anti-adds  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I DONT LIKE LOOKING AT THE ADDS ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY EMAIL  ·   · 
    Donnie Mac FadyenDonnie Mac Fadyen shared a merged idea: If AOL wont listen why don't all annoyed people change providers I don't want to have to do this but I am starting to get really p....d off  ·   · 
    melmel shared a merged idea: stop putting up rated r ads. just because i visit victoria secret does not mean that i want my young boys gawking at the half naked women  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Get rid of video ads on the AOL mail login page  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Remove the ads and put AIM in it's place. It's too small right now  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Stop the flashy advertisiments. Older people have a hard enough time stay focused!!!  ·   · 
    meme shared a merged idea: get the ads away from the mail box  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: stop popups  ·   · 
    Nicola CookNicola Cook shared a merged idea: Get advertisers who have real products and not bottom of the barrel crap  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Remove all the Match.com ads to the right of my IN-box. Those faces of guys staring at me while I type are really creepy.  ·   · 
    JackJack shared a merged idea: Please remove all of the advertisements from the Email page.  ·   · 
    D SidakD Sidak shared a merged idea: Wrong Ads on rotation  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please Please Please get the ads off!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: eliminate the ads on the right side of the e-mail screen  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I don't mind the ads but get rid of the Romney ad - you have me confused with a supporter of his and I am not. Thanks.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I don't believe I should have to hear and see political ads all over my email too!!!!!  ·   · 
    jazminjazmin shared a merged idea: to take all ads off and to make the typing area bigger so you can add and see all your documents attatched files and pictures  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Sick of the worst president ever ads. Have stopped using aol and opened an other email. Liberal mouth piece!  ·   · 
    TrinityTrinity shared a merged idea: the adds  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: the ads on the right side of screen hop up and down, up and down, up and down and interfere with getting to the mail (which is WHY I use AOL  ·   · 
    MadonnaMadonna shared a merged idea: I Suggest That There Should Be No Advertisements  ·   · 
    BugsBugs shared a merged idea: take off the side pictures of Michelle Obama. It's very annoying. Also all the pictures of you available guys.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: do not post stories in today on aol that are ads for services  ·   · 
    WILLIAM SMITHWILLIAM SMITH shared a merged idea: GET RID OF THE AD ON THE SIDE OF THE E-MAIL PAGE SO i CAN READ ALL OF THE E-MAIL  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Get rid of the ads on right of the screen... I'm sick of looking at the Omama's  ·   · 
    Callum FlinnCallum Flinn shared a merged idea: Make the adds smaller  ·   · 
    jdjd shared a merged idea: please find a way to let me know how to remove the offensive singles dating men that scroll on my aol page; i'm married and i don't apprecia  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I pay 9.99 month for AOL, why does someone who PAYS have to deal with all these ads?  ·   · 
    lorelleelorellee shared a merged idea: GET RID OF ADS!!!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I hate aol & it's "improvement" nasty ads cut mail. Hate Idole timer, knowing off line. aol stink  ·   · 
    JoanJoan shared a merged idea: Get rid of all the disgusting, ads on my right screen. I hate Obama and that's all I see. This tells me you're a liberal site and not fair  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Get rid of those stupid annoyomg adds on the right side of the . NOBODY LIKES OR WANTS THEM THERE>  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: get rid of the adverts on my email page cmpletely  ·   · 
    deedee shared a merged idea: get rid of the advertisement on the side of my mail and let me see my IM window again!!  ·   · 
    emani hargroemani hargro shared a merged idea: remove ads from the side of the sceen  ·   · 
    richierichie shared a merged idea: How about letting us be able to pull the page over ads that we don't want to see like the obama ads.  ·   · 
    richierichie shared a merged idea: Why don't you put michelle obama on a milk carton instead of next to my e-mail page.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: REMOVE ADS FROM THE RIGHT SIDE  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Stop the Match.com ads. Why are they imposed on subscribers? Other ads are take it or leave it, but those are aggressive repetitions.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: remove the AD to the right of my screen. Do have to look at Pictures of President Obama and the First Lady. I rather be looking at pictures  ·   · 
    terry taylorterry taylor shared a merged idea: put my items (cornhole games/ cornholeguyz.com) on here as an advertisement and I will give you one percent of all sales  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: removal  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I want the Obama add off of my screen. Disruptive.  ·   · 
    GiovanniGiovanni shared a merged idea: I know that ads are the best way for all profits, but i don't came here for shopping, only for check my mails, thank you  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: GET RID OF THE ADS THEY ARE VERY ANNOYING  ·   · 
    Tamer GoudaTamer Gouda shared a merged idea: FIX THE BUGS! THIS NEW AOL IS TERRIBLE! THANKS FOR RUINING THE PRODUCT I HAVE BEEN USING FOR ALMOST 20 YEARS.  ·   · 
    Carmen MachadoCarmen Machado shared a merged idea: Take all the Obama side pictures off...how about no politics here?  ·   · 
    DianaDiana shared a merged idea: get rid of that bloody AD on the right that blocks my mail!!! I am a PAYING subscriber!!!  ·   · 
    keithkeith shared a merged idea: Remove Advertising from the AOL Mail Interface  ·   · 
    fucked offfucked off shared a merged idea: get rid of the ad on the right handside ! its not bloody needed  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Less liberal thoughts.We are sick of itno federal budget in 3 years never reported.you want mitts returns. but .how about obamas scho Thanks  ·   · 
    ConnieConnie shared a merged idea: Being fair and balance  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Get the Obamas out of my face when I sign in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Take Obama's face off EVERY page!!!  ·   · 
    ToniToni shared a merged idea: Advertising  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Try not to put so many Ads on the screen when we're trying to check our mail  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: No more adds on RIGHT SIDE..  ·   · 
    AndreaAndrea shared a merged idea: Limit the advertisements shown on your web page to meet higher standards for appropriate viewing. Eliminate suggestive sexual content.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: stop advertising for obama  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: how about you quit offending your subsrcibers with obama messages i am severly offended to have that looser on my screen he is a discrace  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: get rid of the ads on the right side, very annoying. especially all the ones about our idiot president.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: I want the old version back of AOL. I hate the new look and am disgusted with all the Goddamm Obama adds. I am think about dropping you  ·   · 
    James ZemanJames Zeman shared a merged idea: Remove ads on the right side of screen  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: be able to remove the ads from right side of my email page  ·   · 
    khurstenkhursten shared a merged idea: the ads are so annoying  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: get rid of the advertisements on right side of page  ·   · 
    WCEWCE shared a merged idea: Clean up the sidebars so I can see my e=mail!! Too many ads  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: PLEASE LOSE THE ADS ON THE RIGHT SIDE VERY VERY ANNOYING ALSO PLEASE MAKE IT EASIER TO E-MAIL PICTURES IN OUR E-MAILS & VIDEOS&I PAY FOR AOL  ·   · 
    AOL-almosthaterAOL-almosthater shared a merged idea: Mail View  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: get all the dam adds of the aol mail page I pay for the mail page and I don't need to see the adds taking up space on the page.  ·   · 
    KimmeKimme shared a merged idea: Please REMOVE all ADD'S! NO ADD'S = ALOT MORE HTUMBS UP!!!!  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Too many ads on page,  ·   · 
    SMSM shared a merged idea: Get rid of the ADS!!! Go back to the old design!!!  ·   · 
    JackJack shared a merged idea: The new format is terrible, how do we get rid of the ads on the right side?  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: please remove all the ADS and FLASHING!  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Please remove adds and sponsord links from right side  ·   · 
    RockyRocky shared a merged idea: Opting out from unwanted ads and more layout choices  ·   · 
    jojo shared a merged idea: GET RID OF THE ADS!!!! NOW!!!!  ·   · 
    AMGAMG shared a merged idea: Get rid of the advertising on the right side of the screen. It takes up too much screen real estate  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: take the ad off my home page please.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: THere is this strip of advertising down the side next to my e mail list.... I hate it..it is mostly liberal political gabage get it off...  ·   · 
    AlanAlan shared a merged idea: I dont want all these dating services and other ads streaming on my screen when all I want to do is read my email  ·   · 
    Antoinette C.DeMarcoAntoinette C.DeMarco shared a merged idea: TAKE THE ADD OFF FROM RIGHT SIDE OF SCREEN  ·   · 
    heatherheather shared a merged idea: GET RID OF THE ADDS ~ I dont need mens picks scrolling along side my email!  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: remove the advertisments from my email  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Tell me how I can get rid of the picture of smiling obama add you have placed on the right side of the screen  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Get rid of the lines and check boxes on the email list and the ad at the right of the screen. Or let us close it.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: put it back the way it was  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Place the right panel ad on top or on the bottom, please. Or, give me the opportunity to collapse it in order to read my email.  ·   · 
    bcbc shared a merged idea: Enable closing pop-ups  ·   · 
    IcaroIcaro shared a merged idea: I don't want to see news or ads after sending emails.  ·   · 

520 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am leaving AOL. I am sick of the spam and advertisements in my face. It's disgusting. You're disgusting. I am leaving for gmail if you don't stop.

WOW....I thought I was posting something that bothered only a few people.....SO MANY posts about the annoying ads in AOL! Obviously they are not going to do anything about it???? Cost me a fortune to get rid of a virus I got from it!!

They contain a virus! I had to call my tech service which cost me 100 from clicking on one of these ads and it cost me BIG TIME!! the virus was directly from that AD. Please do not put moving ads in our e-mail windows. Have thought many times of changing my e-mail service and getting rid of AOL just because of these viruses.

Not really surprised,more psst. off!!! I know, not very professional but neither is Michael Nutter!!! Our Mayor,Michael Nutter, embarrassed us,me, & the city of Phila. today,when he first, ignorantly waved his hand & said I don`'t need that!!!, to the nice gentlemen who was holding the umbrella for him today as it was raining, while speaking so highly of Philadelphia!! Sorry, he could have done it more politely!!! Then to make matters worse, embarrassed us, by after welcoming America, finishes his speech,which he obviously didn't want to do, or possibly didn't want to be there, which was soooooo obvious,because, as he exited from the stage,threw his microphone to the ground, which I'm sure was handed to him when entering the stage!!! He is so ignorant,unprofessional& whatever else you want to add!!!!

get rid of those ads at the bottom of emails when reading. The women is really scary

Wow, I've been an AOL member for 20 years. Bye Bye! I can't even read my emails now with those annoying movies that I can't get rid of right over the top of my in box. Switching to gmail forever. I put up with the side bar ads, but movies are so distracting and they are right on top of the area I am trying to work with. I guess you really want to lose your last customers.

• FUCK YOU!!!!!FUCK YOU!!!!! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All I want is to delete my account. It has become apparent to me that I
        am not allowed to do so. SO I AM GOING TO FIND WAYS TO VIOLATE YOUR TERMS OF SERVICE UNTIL MY ACCOUNT GETS DELETED. Just a heads up if you only have one fucking question to ask someone to verify their account,
        that's fucking stupid. People forget things. It's fucked up that I can
        not delete my account because of one question and that there is no
        other way for me to verify that it is my account. It makes no sense
        that I can log into my account without answering the security question
        but I need to answer it to access anything else. Someone could
        compromise my account and do whatever they please with information that
        is e-mailed to me. If that were to happen there would be no way for me
        to do anything about it. So thanks for fucking nothing.

These ads take up about 1/3 of the screen; very annoying. They were not so large and intrusive until recently.

• DaveDave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OK, if you will not dump the ads, at least let us change them with preferences. I never want to see Obama or Clinton on my computer screen. I just want to put my fist through the computer screen when I see their images.

• Brian BriggsBrian Briggs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Recently, I have been getting banner ads on top of news articles I am reading on AOL. Today, May 28, 2014, there was a banner ad for Volvo. No way to make the banner go away. Clicked on the banner and read the Volvo advertisement, (tried it twice) but the banner remained covering up the article I was trying to read.

• VT Data Base AppsVT Data Base Apps commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Graham

I use ABP and get no ads anywhere in AOL. Are you sure you have not disabled it for AOL or some sub portion of AOL?

When you are receiving ads click the drop down arrow to bring up the context menu for ABP and verify the choices. Reload the page if you have to make a change. I'm running ABP 2.6 on Firefox 28.0.

• GrahamGraham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even with ADBLOCK PLUS, ads have appearing on right hand side of my email page. Totally ridiculous and annoying and pointless. GET RID....!!!

• no thnanksno thnanks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GET RID OF THE ADS THAT COVER THE SCREEN WITHOUT ANY PLACE TO CLICK AND SKP THE ADS> AAAAAGH.

I don't enjoy your ads floating across my screen, and blocking what I want to read. It even breaks through my adblock I have set.

How do I get rid of these bouncing ads when I'm trying to view my email???!!! Ridiculous!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
      AOL MAIL logo

A place where you can be yourself while you stay in touch with the important people in your life.

Feedback and Knowledge Base