I suggest you ...

All about Folders and Subfolders

eliminate folders on the left when reading mail, folders take up too much room and are distracting.

187 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    DanDan shared a merged idea: Managing Your Subfolders  ·   · 
    D. VertsonisD. Vertsonis shared a merged idea: create sub folders. I like keeping my emails organized, but sometimes I need sub-folders, ie Job Search, sub- Indeed jobs  ·   · 
    PaulPaul shared a merged idea: In Web Mail, allow the consolidation of an existing folder or folders in/under another (main) folder.  ·   · 
    Louisa MartinLouisa Martin shared a merged idea: New Folders !  ·   · 
    MarvinMarvin shared a merged idea: Ability to view subfolders of "My Folders" created via IMAP  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Please return to being able to set up sub folders in saved mail. Today's world needs more organization, not less! Thank you!  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Add a "to" field in email folders  ·   · 

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Through necessity I am having to use AOL through the web now as changing computers, but am at a loss that in 2014 you can't create a sub folder. Will have to think again or set up another account elsewhere!

Yes, what Harvey said. I have multiple subfolders on my iPod, that I in fact constantly use. I can't have access to them on my AOL, and believe me it gets so annoying to have to move it from that folder into my inbox just to access it. I thought AOL made email easier... not so much. Please fix this!

• HARVEYHARVEY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE GIVE US THE OPTION TO CREATE SUBFOLDERS WITHIN FOLDERS. HAVING THE ABILITY TO SUB DIVIDE FOLDERS OTHER THAN THE ONE AND ONLY "MY FOLDERS" FOLDER, WOULD BE AWESOME AOL!!!! PLEASE DON'T FORCE US TO GMAIL,MEH

Having the option to make sub-folders would greatly improve efficiency! AOL, please listen to your customers. Particularly your old ones who have not left you (yet) for gmail. Truly considering moving on if capability to make sub-folders does not become an option soon. Thanks!

No way!! I love the folders - use them all the time! If you don't want them, go to gmail.

• JokeerJokeer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well you sort of can now.... Simply use Outlook or a similar program and to create folders and subfolders.

It wont be organized via aol.com but IMAP understands what you did and it will remain organized via outlook.

• micmic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

there ought to be a function to remove any and all folders as desired. i would so love to just delete my AOL account, but evidently, my older relatives just simply cannot comprehend how i could change email addresses, and as a result they have not updated my address. kinda sad, but that is the only reason i'm stuck with an obsolete AOL account.

Oh yes, please!! Hate that Saved Chats takes up room in my folders and I can't even move it to the bottom, even tho I will NEVER USE IT!!!!

Yes, PLEASE DO. It's quite annoying having to have one folder for each topic/person/category. ARGH!

← Previous 1
      AOL MAIL logo

A place where you can be yourself while you stay in touch with the important people in your life.

Feedback and Knowledge Base